Yesterday we released 4.2.1. It’s a minor update to 4.2.0, containing a few bug fixes and no new features. Applying it to your 4.X installation is easy — just copy the files from the upgrade package over your existing installation. There are no web.config changes to merge and you don’t have to worry about the version_key.txt file or your license information. Get the upgrade package from your downloads page. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, follow the instructions in the Admin Guide.
These are the bugs that are fixed. More details are available on the release history page.
- Error may occur when case of ASPX file name changes
- Setting ShowHeader to “true” in embed.aspx results in error
- Error “Value does not fall within the expected range” when adding or synchronizing certain images
- Spaces in AD role provider configuration may cause exception
- Gallery Server may try to add or remove a user to/from a nonexistent role
- AD role provider may delete roles
- Downloaded original files may have the wrong file extension
- AD role provider may generate NoMatchingPrincipalException